Safety Fest TN is a week of over 100 safety & health classes, sessions, and demonstrations – all FREE to everyone who registers! See below for more Safety Fest TN info but for now…
Thank you City of Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge was built under a cloak of secrecy by the United States government during World War II as a major site of the Manhattan Project, the massive wartime effort that produced the world’s first atomic weapons. In 1942, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers bought an estimated 60,000 acres of rural farm land to construct a “temporary” city and three facilities to develop technology that ended the war. After the war, Oak Ridge transitioned from a “temporary” military town into an independent city and became self-governing in 1959 as residents voted overwhelmingly in favor of incorporation under a modified city manager-council form of government.
Safety Fest TN
- Safety Forum: Tuesday morning, Sep. 11, 9:00 am
- Safety Expo: Tue., Sep. 11, 11:00 am – 5:00 pm & Wed., Sep. 12, 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
- Leadership Engagement Roundtable: Tue., Sep. 11, 12:30 pm
- World Class Safety: Tue., Sept. 11, 2:30 pm
- 2017 Fatalities Investigated by TOSHA: Tue., Sept. 11, 4:00 pm
Last year’s event included 103 free safety classes, sessions, and demonstrations. The 77 instructors and presenters were generously provided by organizations, just like yours, giving back to the community. Your organization can partner, sponsor or provide resources too!